At Ninja-con this weekend, we are planning on testing out some changes to the game based on feedback from TitanCon. We’ve tried to make some of the cards clearer and added a random discard mechanic. Here are the changes:
- The Part-time Job card now explicitly states that it can never be discarded.
- The text of Amnesia was changed to: “The affected Couple’s points are reduced to 0. At the start of a turn, the affected Couple’s controller may discard a “Doki Doki” card from his or her hand or field to discard this card. You may not play this card on the game’s last turn.”
- The text of Overreach Parents was changed to: “The affected Couple’s controller discards a card from hand at random. Whenever a Preparation is attached to the affected Couple the controller of the affected Couple discards a card from hand at random.”
- The text of Bullying was changed to: “At the start of a turn, the affected Couple’s controller must either discard a card from hand at random or allow you to draw a card. Once this has occurred 2 times, this card is discarded.
- The text of The Sick Friend was changed to: “At the start of each turn, the affected Couple’s controller must discard a Preparation from the affected Couple or a card from hand at random. Once two cards have been discarded this way, discard this card.
- The text of Money was changed to “When you resolve this card, immediately play and resolve up to two Preparations, two Couples, or one Preparation and one Couple.”
- The Neighbor with a Crush, and Rebound Guy were removed from the deck.
- In a 2 player game, each player starts a draft with 10 cards, but only drafts 6 each draft phase. The excess cards are discarded. Each play phase, players play 5 cards each. There are 4 draft phases and 4 subsequent play phases.
Feel free to let us know what you think by making use of our contact form!